Irish in the American Civil War Book Cover

As many readers will be aware I have spent recent months working on a book project. This arose when I was approached by the History Press Ireland to work on a publication which looked at the Irish in the American Civil War, as part of their new ‘Ireland in the World’ series. I have just received page proofs and the proposed book cover from the publishers, so I am excited to say it is entering it’s final stages. The finished book will be available for publication from March 2013, and carries the title ‘The Irish in the American Civil War.’ It is not a traditional history of the Irish involvement and does not seek to be all encompassing; rather each chapter is made up of one or more personal stories which explore themes under the broad titles ‘Beginnings’, ‘Realities’, ‘The Wider War’ and ‘Aftermath.’ These are intended to give the reader a broader flavour of the Irish experience, both before, during and after the conflict, through the stories of the men, women and children it affected. The publishers have sent me on a jpeg of the cover as it will appear on the final publication, which I can share on the blog for the first time- I hope you like it!

The Irish in the American Civil War (History Press Ireland)

The Irish in the American Civil War (History Press Ireland)

Categories: Events, Irish in the American Civil War

18 Comments on “Irish in the American Civil War Book Cover”

1. Patty MM
    November 21, 2012 at 7:32 pm #

I am looking forward to reading it!!

2. November 21, 2012 at 8:56 pm #

I dont see the south represented on yr book cover ,i may be wrong ,Irish fought on both sides but u know that ,interested in reading yr book when out . Did a past life regression last summer ,found myself on south side ,as stretcher bearer, didnt end very well though like many men in that terrible war ,

• November 22, 2012 at 9:09 am #

Hi Philip, the photo on the book cover is the 69th NYSM, but there are stories from both the North and South inside!

3. November 21, 2012 at 9:13 pm #

It looks fantastic, Damian… I’m sure it will be very successful as you deserve it to be after all your hard work..

• November 22, 2012 at 9:10 am #

Many thanks for the kind words- I hope you are right!

4. Mike Fitzpatrick
    November 21, 2012 at 11:24 pm #

Damian,
    Count me in to purchase your book!!

Mike Fitzpatrick

• November 22, 2012 at 9:10 am #

Hi Mike,

Many thanks! I hope you enjoy it!

5. Marie
    November 22, 2012 at 3:38 pm #

Congratulations, looking forward to reading your book Damien. Good luck!

6. November 23, 2012 at 1:34 pm #

Good Luck!

7. November 24, 2012 at 2:22 pm #

This is wonderful, Damian! Can’t wait to read it when it comes out. Will it be available in the US?

• November 24, 2012 at 4:25 pm #

Thanks Lois! I am hoping that the ebook version will be available for U.S. readers straight away and it will be on amazon etc. so it should be freely available- I hope you do enjoy it when it does come out!

8. Rochelle Lester
    November 24, 2012 at 2:43 pm #

Having had several in that war, both sides, would be very interested in your book when it comes out.
    Good luck…

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Irish domestic life history | Dear Kitty. Some blog - November 22, 2012

[...] Irish in the American Civil War Book Cover (irishamericancivilwar.com) [...]

2. Studying Stones « MaherMatters - December 9, 2012

[...] topic for many years and maintaining an excellent blog (see posting below). He has announced that he will soon be publishing a book on the subject, titled after his blog, Irish In the American Civil War. In Connecticut, Bob Larkin has a special [...]