This page will highlight the dates of speaking engagements in 2014. I regularly speak on a range of topics encompassing military history, conflict archaeology and the American Civil War. If you would like to contact me about a talk please email email@example.com -if you would like to see a comprehensive list of past topics I have dealt with (and published on) please see my academia page here.
- January 28. West Cork and the American Civil War. Skibbereen Historical Society, Cork, Ireland.
- January 22. Knockraha and the War of Independence. Knockraha Community Hall, Cork, Ireland.
- February 1. Exploring the Archaeological Opportunities of the Decade of Centenaries. Irish Post Medieval Archaeology Group Conference, Kinsale, Cork, Ireland.
- February 13. In Search of Irish Emigrants in the American Civil War, Where did they all go? Irish emigrants in the 19th century Seminar, Edenderry Historical Society, Edenderry, Offaly, Ireland.
- February 27. Limerick and the American Civil War, Rathkeale and District Historical Society, Limerick, Ireland.
- April 8. Roscommon and the American Civil War, Centre for the Study of Historic Houses and Estates Strokestown Park House Lecture Series, Strokestown, Roscommon, Ireland.
- April 26. World War One Tour of Kells, Co. Meath, Kells, Meath, Ireland.
- May 9. Irish in the American Civil War. Irish Genealogical Research Society AGM, London, England.
- May 22. The Conflict Landscapes of Ireland. Fighting Irish Roadshow, King House, Boyle, Roscommon, Ireland.
- May 28. Conflict Archaeology in Ireland. Irish Conflict Archaeology Network Launch, Trinity College, Dublin.
- June 25. Title TBC, Hay Festival, Kells, Meath, Ireland.
- July 16. Kerry and the American Civil War, Dingle Historical Society, Dingle, Kerry, Ireland.
- August 6. Cavan and the American Civil War, Cavan County Library, Cavan, Ireland.
- September 26. Title TBC, American Civil War Round Table UK, London, England.
- October 27. Wicklow and the American Civil War, Roundwood & District Historical & Folklore Society, Roundwood, Wicklow, Ireland.
- January 24. Ireland’s Forgotten World War One Landscapes, Ireland and the First World War Conference, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland.
- January 28. Conflict Archaeology in the Republic of Ireland, NUIG Archaeological Society, National University of Ireland Galway, Ireland.
- March 15. Cork and the American Civil War, Cork Genealogical Society 20th Anniversary Conference, Silver Springs, Cork, Ireland.
- March 21. The Midlands and the American Civil War, Edenderry Historical Society, Offaly, Ireland.
- June 28. The Long Arm of War: Visualising Civil War Pensioners in Ulster, 1883, Ulster-American Heritage Symposium, University of Georgia, Athens, United States.
- July 15. The Battles and Sieges of Kinsale, 1601 & 1690, Augusta State University Irish Tour, Charles Fort, Kinsale, Cork, Ireland.
- July 26. The Archaeology of Ireland and the Great War, Great War Roadshow, Dún Laoghaire, Dublin, Ireland.
- August 29. Uncovering the Irish in the American Civil War, National Library of Ireland, Dublin, Ireland.
- August 30. The Irish Battlefield Project’s Survey of the Battle Sites of the Confederate Wars: An Illustrative Analysis of Four Battlefields (with Dr. John Jeremiah Cronin who will be presenting), Tudor & Stuart Ireland Conference, National University of Ireland Maynooth, Kildare, Ireland.
- August 30. The Ardagh Chalice, Ardagh Chalice Monument Unveiling, Ardagh, Limerick, Ireland.
- October 4. Siege, Storm & Slaughter: The Archaeology of 17th century Sieges in Ireland, Practised in the Art of War: Limerick Sieges 1642 to 1691 Conference, Limerick, Ireland.
- October 25. The Archaeology of World War One, Imagine Arts History & Heritage Event, Waterford, Ireland.
- November 13. Conflict Archaeology and It’s Role in Understanding the Past, Middle Tennessee State University Center for Historic Preservation, Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States.
- November 13. Discussion on Patrick Cleburne, ‘A Guitar and Pen’ with Robert Hicks, Franklin Theater, Franklin, Tennessee, United States.
- November 14. Patrick Cleburne and The Battle of Franklin, 2014 Tennessee Civil War Sesquicentennial Keynote Address, Franklin, Tennessee, United States.
- November 29. The Royal Navy, Martello Towers, and Coastal Defence Fortifications in County Cork, ‘A Safe Place for Ships': Cork, Ireland, Europe and the Sea Conference, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland.