10 Comments on “Irish American Civil War Trail Logo Design”

1. February 1, 2012 at 8:09 pm #

I love it! You made a very good choice!

2. February 1, 2012 at 8:57 pm #

good work… keep it up… if you need contacts in Italy I’m here..

3. Leo Enright
    February 2, 2012 at 2:38 pm #

Very well done indeed, Damien. It brings back fond memories of the late and very much lamented Con Howard, proud Clareman and Ireland’s Cultural Attache at the embassy in Washington in the 1970’s and 80’s. Con understood the enormous value to Ireland today of making such connections, and he was organising a tour of the battlefields back in the late 1990’s IIRC. It might be worth contacting, at an appropriate time, the Cultural Section of the Promoting Ireland Abroad Division of the Department of Foreign Affairs. Tell ‘m Con sent ya, and I know I have his full authority to say that he will haunt them horribly if they do not fully support this venture :-) Beir Bua! Leo Enright

• February 3, 2012 at 8:42 am #

Many thanks Leo, good to hear from you! That is good advice I will certainly check them out!

4. Dennis J. Francis
    February 3, 2012 at 5:47 am #

Logo didn’t come through on the email – maybe problem is at my end. Sara did a great job. Looks fantastic.

5. February 3, 2012 at 3:59 pm #

The Maid is a favorite of mine as she appears on the flag of the 90th Illinois Volunteer Infantry. Excellent graphics quality!

6. Gerard Boylan
    February 23, 2012 at 2:05 pm #

Hi Damian. Just to let you know that the town of Oldcastle in Meath is honoring Charles Grahame Halpine, Adj general of the 69th N.Y regiment next May. Born here in 1829 he was also a poet and politician. A memorial will be unveiled and a lecture given in the church where his father was curate.

• February 23, 2012 at 3:35 pm #

Hi Gerard,

That is fantastic news I will get that added to the Trail website! He was an excellent writer, it is great to see him get recognition. I hope I can find myself around the area in May for the event!

• Gerard Boylan
        February 23, 2012 at 5:06 pm #

I will let you know the details when the timetable is finalized. Myles Dungan of R.T.E is the speaker. You would of course be more than welcome.

• Gerard Boylan
        February 25, 2012 at 5:34 pm #

Unveiling of monument to Charles Grahame Halpine in the Square Oldcastle Co Meath, Sat 26th of May at 7.30 pm, followed by lecture on his life and times in St Bride’s church by Myles Dungan.