The main purpose of this site is to operate as a resource tool for those interested in the Irish experience of the American Civil War. To that end a new page has been created where the battle reports of wholly and partly Irish units will be added over the coming months. It will be consistently updated, so be sure to check back regularly to see whats new on the page. To start with there are 25 reports relating to the 10th Ohio, 35th Indiana, 69th New York, 88th New York and 5th Confederate. If you are interested check out the After Action Reports page, and select the regiment and then the battle you want to view.
You are here: Home » After Action Reports
November 20, 2010 | 0 Comments
Author:Damian ShielsI am an archaeologist based in Ireland, specialising in conflict archaeology.
- The Pope’s Irish Soldiers and the Civil War November 9, 2010
- Ireland’s Forgotten Famine Generation September 8, 2012
- Medal of Honor: Sergeant Dennis J.F. Murphy, 14th Wisconsin Infantry January 31, 2011
- ‘How I Came to Kill Your Brother': A Confederate Reveals an Irish-American’s Final Moments November 2, 2013
- Naming Over 800 Union Soldiers Who Supported the Poor of Ireland March 15, 2013
69th New York Abraham Lincoln AmericanCivilWar American Civil War Atlanta Campaign Battle of Antietam Battle of Fredericksburg CivilWar Confederate Confederate States Army Confederate States of America Corcoran's Irish Legion Fredericksburg Gettysburg History Ireland Ireland American Civil War Irish Irish American Irish American Civil War Irish Brigade Irish Civil War Irish Diaspora Irish emigration Irish History Irish in the American Civil War Irish Legion Irish Medal of Honor Irish Veterans Medal of Honor Michael Corcoran National Museum of Ireland New York New York Irish New York Irish-American Patrick Cleburne Pennsylvania Robert E. Lee Tennessee Thomas Francis Meagher Ulysses S. Grant Union Union Army United States Widow's Pension Files
- 325,932 hits