As part of Irish National Heritage Week, Charles Fort in Kinsale is hosting the ‘Calling Them Home’ military reenactment show. Among the main participants are The PARDS, an American Civil War reenactment group from Ireland. The show will run from 12.00 to 17.00 on Saturday and Sunday the 28th and 29th August, and admission is free. For more details of what events are on across Ireland during Heritage Week click here.
You are here: Home » Civil War Soldiers Visit Kinsale
August 25, 2010 | 4 Comments
Author:Damian ShielsI am an archaeologist based in Ireland, specialising in conflict archaeology.
- The Pope’s Irish Soldiers and the Civil War November 9, 2010
- Ireland’s Forgotten Famine Generation September 8, 2012
- Medal of Honor: Sergeant Dennis J.F. Murphy, 14th Wisconsin Infantry January 31, 2011
- ‘How I Came to Kill Your Brother': A Confederate Reveals an Irish-American’s Final Moments November 2, 2013
- Naming Over 800 Union Soldiers Who Supported the Poor of Ireland March 15, 2013
69th New York Abraham Lincoln AmericanCivilWar American Civil War Atlanta Campaign Battle of Antietam Battle of Fredericksburg CivilWar Confederate Confederate States Army Confederate States of America Corcoran's Irish Legion Forgotten Irish Fredericksburg Gettysburg History Ireland Ireland American Civil War Irish Irish American Irish American Civil War Irish Brigade Irish Civil War Irish Diaspora Irish emigration Irish History Irish in the American Civil War Irish Legion Irish Medal of Honor Irish Veterans Medal of Honor Michael Corcoran National Museum of Ireland New York New York Irish New York Irish-American Patrick Cleburne Pennsylvania Robert E. Lee Tennessee Thomas Francis Meagher Ulysses S. Grant Union Union Army United States
- 339,679 hits